Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Chief Marketing and Advertising Programs
Washington, DC 20002 United States
Amtrak is recruiting for a Chief, Marketing and Advertising Programs in its Marketing department in Washington, DC.
The Chief, Marketing and Advertising Programs has overall responsibility for Amtrak’s corporate brand and for developing and implementing fully integrated advertising campaigns, promotional programs, and field sales support that deliver ridership and ticket revenue – work that supports the needs of and must be closely coordinated with other departments, Business Line management, and state partners.
Major functional areas of responsibility include national and regional advertising, sales promotions, field sales, travel industry sales and alliances, loyalty marketing and customer relationship management (CRM).
• Leads departmental strategic direction for advertising, marketing, field sales, and customer relationship/loyalty programs.
• Develops, advocates for, and is accountable for both operating and capital budgets.
• Builds and implements long-range and short-range national and regional sales and marketing plans to increase revenue and market share in close collaboration with other departments within Marketing and Sales (particularly Pricing and Revenue Management, Market Research and Forecasting, and Sales Distribution), Business Lines, and state partners.
• Manages advertising and corporate branding to maximize market presence and ensure message consistency.
• Collaborates with state partners and their respective agencies to prepare and implement integrated, effective advertising and marketing plans for state-supported services.
• Works jointly with sales distribution team to build cost-effective travel agency industry relationships, actively manage travel industry costs and commission levels to maximize revenues and control costs to that extend and grow Amtrak’s business.
• Oversees and manages field sales teams, ensuring local market understanding and awareness as well as customer engagement at all levels, including by engaging corporate partners with balanced incentives.
• Manages Amtrak Guest Rewards – Amtrak’s nationally recognized loyalty program – and customer relationship management systems to increase customer acquisition, customer retention, encourage incremental travel, and grow program revenue.
• Tracks industry trends, activities and market share to understand competitive consequences and implications for advertising and marketing programs.
• Establishes external partnerships that deliver non-train revenue (primarily loyalty program related) and add customer value.
• Oversees merchandising program for external and internal customers.
• Directs the production and distribution of marketing collateral to support customer travel decision making, enhance the corporate image, and improve the customer experience.
• Develops and mentors staff to deliver continuous improvement and inspire their best performance.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education, training, experience:
To qualify, you must have a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and training/experience. Prefer Masters Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
• Proven experience in delivering advertising and marketing excellence for a large corporation.
• Extensive in a significant senior sales/marketing management experience in a large organization.
• Knowledge of budgets and financial controls.
• Significant strategic planning experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative market research.
• Significant understanding of business operations and the impact of departmental actions on the corporation.
• Advanced leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate others; effective writing, presentation, meeting and interview facilitation skills; interpersonal Communication; time management; and conflict resolution and investigative skills.
Prefer transportation industry work experience.
Must have significant experience communicating orally and in writing both within the corporation and externally.
Amtrak offers a competitive benefit package and salaries commensurate with experience. Submit your application online at www.amtrak.com/careers.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce
THE SAFETY OF OUR PASSENGERS, OUR EMPLOYEES, THE PUBLIC, AND OUR OPERATING ENVIRONMENT IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY!
Terms & Conditions